Credit to Author: David Buxton| Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 16:19:18 +0000
Episode 277 of the Transatlantic Cable only really has two topics of discussion this week. The first, and probably most prominent is the sale and consequent that happened over on Twitter. Twitter threads across the globe are blanketed in a sea of #RIPTwitter and #Twitterdeath, but what is the actual real possible outcome? Following that, the team take a look at the other big story of the week, with the recent implosion of the FTX crypto-exchange – including a story (only possible in 2022, it seems) where Twitter users are being duped out of their crypto by a deepfake of Sam Bankman-Fried.
Additionally, sandwiched between the two topics of discussion is an interview with Professor Dr. Dennis-Kenji Kipker – Professor for IT Security Law at the University of Bremen, to talk about IT security predications for the coming year. To learn more about his work, head here.
If you liked what you heard, please consider subscribing.
- Is this really the end of Twitter?
- Two Estonians arrested for running $575M crypto Ponzi scheme
- FTX crypto exchange owes biggest creditors $3.1bn
- FTX Founder Deepfake Offers Refund to Victims in Verified Twitter Scam
- IT Security Predictions, 2023