Credit to Author: David Buxton| Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 19:48:43 +0000
Welcome to episode 251 of the Transatlantic Cable. This week, the team look at some of the more ‘interesting’ stories in the cybersecurity world.
To kick things off, Dave and Ahmed look at a, seemingly, good news story – about the closing down of the ransomware gang, Conti. However, things aren’t quite as they appear. From there they move to a story that has to be read to be believed – it involves banks, ransomware and phalluses. We will leave the link at the bottom if you want to read that one for yourselves.
From that bombshell, the team move to a more concerning story around farming equipment, hackers, and how facial recognition and AI are slowly becoming more and more regulated – good news? You decide.
If you liked what you heard, please do consider subscribing.
- Conti ransomware shuts down operation, rebrands into smaller units
- National bank hit by ransomware trolls hackers with dick pics
- Global food supply chain at risk from malicious hackers
- Lawmakers Urge FTC to Investigate ID.me and its Facial Recognition Tech
- Clearview AI fined £7.5m for illegally using images of Brits scraped from online