Malwarebytes earns AV-TEST Top Product awards for fifth consecutive quarter
AV-TEST, a leading independent tester of cybersecurity solutions, has just ranked Malwarebytes as a Top Product for consumers and businesses for the fifth quarter in a row.
Every two months, experts at AV-Test evaluate Windows antivirus software across three categories:
- Protection against malware infections such as viruses, worms or Trojan horses.
- Performance or the average influence of the product on computer speed in daily usage.
- Usability or the Impact of the security software on the usability of the whole computer.
All products can achieve a maximum of 6 points each in of the three categories, making 18 points the best possible test result. At 17.5 points or higher, AV-TEST issues the “Top Product” award.
Each security product gets tested against 23,000 unique malware attacks, such as zero-day threats and widespread malware and must pass multiple false positives tests that include over 1 million clean files and websites.
For the latest Nov-Dec/2022 results, Malwarebytes received Top Product awards for both Malwarebytes Premium and Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection. These results mark the fifth consecutive quarter we have received Top Product awards for both products, stretching back to December 2021.
- Full Malwarebytes Premium results: https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-10/december-2022/malwarebytes-premium-4.5-221612/
- Full Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection results: https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/business-windows-client/windows-10/december-2022/malwarebytes-endpoint-protection-1.2-222615/
Let’s take a deeper dive into the results from Sep-Oct/2022, starting with the protection category.
Real-world threats no match against Malwarebytes cyberprotection
Malware infections show no signs of slowing down. According to Malwarebytes research, malicious software increased by 77 percent in 2021 compared to 2020.
Needless to say, personal users and businesses alike need strong anti-malware to prevent the costly consequences of infection.
For the Prevention category, AV-TEST tested protection against real-world threats launched by cyber criminals—including 0-day malware attacks from the Internet, inclusive of web and email threats. It also tested the detection of widespread and prevalent malware discovered only in the last 4 weeks.
Both Malwarebytes Premium and Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection successfully prevented and detected close to or exactly 100% of malware threats for Nov-Dec/2022, proving that Malwarebytes can fend off the latest malware and defend against the pathways of infection used most often.
Good cyberprotection shouldn’t have to come at the cost of system performance—the last thing you want in your security product is a slowing down of typical operations for daily work on computers.
For the Performance category, experts at the AV-TEST laboratory examined the effect security products had on performance, placing special attention to four categories:
- Slowing-down when launching popular websites
- Slower download of frequently-used programs
- Slower launch of standard software programs
- Slower installation of frequently-used programs
- Slower copying of files (locally and in a network)
Both Malwarebytes Premium and Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection scored 100% on the performance test for Nov-Dec/2022, by and large meeting or beating the industry average in each of the four categories.
Saying sayonara to false-positives
When it came to the number of false-positives generated, neither Malwarebytes Premium nor Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection disappointed.
AV-TEST recognizes that false alarms can disturb the work routine just as much as malware attacks can. That’s why, for the Usability category, AV-TEST tested the number of false positives in three stages:
- Stage 1: False alarms or blocking when visiting websites
- Stage 2: False detections of legitimate software as malware during a system scan
- Stage 3: False alarm test for standard software: false warnings concerning certain actions and blocking of these actions carried out while installing and using legitimate software
Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection and Malwarebytes Premium scored 100% on the Usability section of the test, beating the industry standard in number of false positives generated whilst installing and using legitimate software
Nothing but gold for Malwarebytes on the latest AV-TEST assessment
With the latest AV-TEST results, we’re adding yet another notch to our string of successes on leading independent assessments.
Whether it’s MITRE, MRG-Effitas, or G2, our track-record demonstrates that Malwarebytes has what it takes to keep both personal users and businesses safe from today’s most pressing cyberthreats—and do so with high performance and low false-positives.
Learn more about what experts and customers are saying about Malwarebytes:
Malwarebytes recognized as endpoint security leader by G2
MITRE ATT&CK® Evaluation results: Malwarebytes’ efficiency, delivered simply, earns high marks
Malwarebytes receives highest rankings in recent third-party tests
Malwarebytes outperforms competition in latest MRG Effitas assessment