Credit to Author: Jeff M Miller, PE| Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 11:54:51 +0000
“Once in a while an innovative technology will catch my eye as an industry GAME CHANGER! Like when I first learned about Premset medium voltage switchgear.”
Over the past 7 decades medium voltage switchgear has undergone several evolutions to improve safety, reliability and sustainability of power distribution. Premset represents a leap forward in MV switchgear design eliminating many failure modes, operator hazards and susceptibility to environmental hazards. Premset achieves this using a Shielded Solid Insulated System (2SIS) that encapsulates the current carrying phases and core unit of the switchgear.
What You Need to Know
- Premset can reduce the MV footprint by up to 60%.
- Premset reduces the likelihood of arc flash by eliminating >50% of failure modes identified by IEEE 493.
- Premset shields electric fields preventing premature dielectric aging.
- Premset has intuitive interlocked operation with insulated busbars and core unit for operator safety.
- Premset has extremely low maintenance compared with air insulated or gas insulated switchgear.
- Premset has no pressurized gas such as SF6 with greenhouse gas concerns.
- Premset can be a lower total cost of ownership compared with traditional solutions.
- Premset comes with additional features for even more benefits!
Where You Can Learn More
- Premset 2SIS Medium Voltage Switchgear (SWGR)
- Join the PROficient Premier Access Portal for Engineers, Designers & Specifiers
- On-demand webinar “Application of the New Generation of Medium Voltage Switchgear: Solid and Gas Insulated Switchgear”
- On-demand webinar “The New Generation of Medium Voltage Switchgear”
- On-demand webinar “MV Power Technologies”
- Construction Specification 26 13 23.17 Medium Voltage Metal-Enclosed Switchgear-2SIS
- White papers
Stay tuned for future GAME CHANGING TECH articles!
The post GAME CHANGING TECH! – Shielded Solid Insulated System Medium Voltage Switchgear appeared first on Schneider Electric Blog.